Abe Wakama is the CEO of IT News Africa (www.itnewsafrica.com). With the help of a talented team of media professionals, he has grown his organisation into one of Africa’s leading technology news publishers and conference organisers.
He has a solid understanding of African ICT business drivers and is well travelled across the continent. Mr Wakama has built an invaluable network of leaders within the ICT business community and his opinions are highly regarded, evidenced by the numerous TV and radio interviews (BBC Radio, CNBC, AIT, SABC etc.), and industry conferences he has been asked to participate in.
Mr. Wakama has been invited to participate in a number of Africa focused technology events including:
- Panelist at the Commonwealth Digital Broadcasting Switchover Forum (South Africa)
- Moderator at the CIO Mining Africa Summit (South Africa)
- Moderator at London Business School’s Africa Business Summit 2016 (UK)
- Judge at the AfricaCom awards (South Africa).
- Invited to be a judge on the Cloud Computing Africa awards panel (South Africa).
- Invited to be a judge on the Accenture Innovation Index Panel (South Africa)
- Chaired the Cloud Computing Africa conference (South Africa).
- Chaired Mobile Web West Africa (Nigeria).
- He was a judge at the HP Social Innovation Relay event (South Africa).
- Chaired the Innovation Africa Digital Summit (Uganda)